- 1 sheet puff pastry dough, thawed
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 3/4 c. ground Italian sausage, cooked
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400° F. Unwrap puff pastry sheet and roll out so it is smooth. Using a knife, cut puff pastry into 6 equal size squares. Use a small glass to score a circle in the center of each square. This will cause the outside edges to puff up around the center filling.
Place one tomato slice, some crumbled goat cheese, and sausage in the center of each square. Sprinkle each square with Parmesan cheese and top with chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.