Skip to Content
- 1/2 c. Port wine
- 1/2 c. red wine
- 1/4 c. raspberries, fresh
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 pc. star anise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil (olive oil can be substituted)
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces brie
- 6 sheets filo dough
- 1 c. butter
- 4 cups mixed spring greens, washed and dried
- 1/4 c. walnut halves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Carefully lay out 1 sheet of filo dough. Brush lightly with butter. Cover with 2 more sheets brushing each with butter. With knife, cut filo into straight strips about 3 inches wide. Repeat process with 3 additional sheets (you will only be using 8 strips). Put equal amounts of brie cheese at the end of each strip and form a triangle by folding the right hand corner to the opposite side. Continue folding until the entire strip is used.
To Make Vinaigrette:
- Combine wine, Port wine, sugar, anise and raspberries and reduce over medium heat. Remove anise. In a blender, put reduced mixture, vinegar and shallot and blend at a low speed. Add oils slowly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a 350° F oven, bake walnuts until slightly brown and aromatic, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool. In a 350° F oven, bake turnovers until golden brown (approximately 6 to 8 minutes). In a large bowl, place the greens, add dressing and toss lightly. Adjust seasoning and divide among 4 plates. Place two turnovers on top of each and sprinkle walnuts around.
Chiles Rellenos with Cheese & Smoked Chicken